Banana Bread Pancakes
Banana Bread Pancakes are essentially a quick bread that is easy to throw together for a weekend breakfast. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, shaken
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional!)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional!)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, measure out the buttermilk. Stir in the banana, unsalted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until you no longer see any specks of flour. Not over-mixing it will make sure you don’t over-develop the gluten which can lead to stiff pancakes. If you’d like to add mix-ins, add them now!
- Heat a non-stick griddle over medium heat. When warm, add the butter or oil. Using a 1/4-cup measure, drop pancake batter onto the skillet, shaping it into a circle with the spatula, if needed. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on the first side, adjusting the heat if necessary. Flip and cook on the opposite side for about a minute. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes with slices of butter, maple syrup or a dusting of powdered sugar!