For your next BBQ, impress your guests with homemade barbecue. This recipe is simple and requires minimal ingredients. Best of all its healthy, so you don't have to feel guilty when dressing wings and ribs.
- 10 broiler halves
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 pint cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons salt (optional) (adjust quantity or eliminate to meet individual
- health needs & preferences)
- 1 Tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄ 2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- Beat the egg, then add the oil and beat again. Add the other ingredients and stir until combined.
- Brush sauce on the broiler halves every few minutes during cooking. For boneless chicken: grill 6-7 minutes per side. Check temperature using food thermometer. For bone-in chicken: grill 15 minutes, turn. Grill 10-15 minutes longer. Check temperature in thickest part of breast. Chicken basted frequently during cooking will be saltier than chicken that has been lightly basted.
Nutrition Info(Each serving provides 530 calories, 320 calories from fat, 36 grams fat, 6 grams saturated fat, 175 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 0 grams carbohydrate, 0 grams fiber, 0 grams sugars, 50 grams protein, when made without the added salt)