Barbecue Sauce with Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in mustard powder and red-pepper flakes; cook 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire, vinegar, molasses, and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.