Bean Sprouts Garlic Scape Salad
Bean Sprouts Garlic Scape Salad is a quick Asian side dish with a crunchy texture and toasted sesame seeds. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of the Fresh Tastes blog)
- 7.5 ounces (213 grams) soy bean sprouts
- 2.6 ounces (75 grams, about 8 scapes) garlic scapes, cut into 1.5-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil.
- Add the garlic scapes and give them a 30 second head start before adding the bean sprouts.
- Add the bean sprouts and let the pot come back to a boil (another minute or so). Drain and rinse the vegetables with cold water.
- Squeeze the bean sprouts and garlic scapes between your hands to get as much water out of them as you can.
- Put the squeezed bean sprouts and scapes in a bowl and toss with the sesame seeds, sesame oil, soy sauce, and salt.