Beef and Asparagus Roll
- 8 thin (or 4 thick) asparagus stalks
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced beef
- slices should be 5 to 6 inches long by 2 to 3 inches wide.
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon of roasted white sesame seeds (optional)
- Cut asparagus into 3-inch long pieces. If the asparagus is thick, cut it in half lengthwise.
- Roll each piece of sliced beef around a bundle of 3 or 4 asparagus pieces. Squeeze gently to hold together. Lightly dredge the rolls in flour.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place rolls in hot oil, cover and cook over medium heat, turning until beef is lightly browned on all sides, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain excess oil from pan. Pour teriyaki sauce into pan and shake gently over heat until rolls are coated with sauce.
- Remove from heat. Cut rolls in half diagonally. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. (if desired).