Beef and Mango Wraps with Black Bean Relish
Bring out leftover or store-bought roast beef and wrap up dinner plans. The meat is rolled with mango, pepper, and onion for a light meal that tastes of the tropics; serve herbed black beans on the side.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Total time: 15 Minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice from 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed) halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 mango (about 1 pound) peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas (10-inch)
- 4 cups loose spinach (about 5 ounces) trimmed, well washed and dried
- 1 lb. cooked beef very thinly sliced, room temperature
- Black-Bean Relish (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together mustard, lime juice, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add onion, bell pepper, and mango; toss to combine. Set aside.
- Lay tortillas on a work surface; dividing evenly, line each with spinach, leaving a 1-inch border all around. Arrange beef slices down center of each wrap. Top beef with mango mixture and any juices from bowl.
- Fold in two opposite sides, and roll up wraps tightly; cut in half.
- For Black Bean Relish: In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped, one can (15.5 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.