Beef, Poblano, and Potato Tacos
Recipe by Denise Santoro Lincoln
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 1 medium potato chopped into cubes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 large poblano pepper roasted and peeled (see directions below)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 - ½ cup water
- 10 corn tortillas
- Heat oil in a large pan.
- Add the onion, beef, and potato. Cook until both are mostly browned (around 5 minutes on medium heat).
- Add the cumin and oregano and mix in thoroughly.
- Deseed and chop the poblano pepper and then add it to the potato/meat mixture.
- Add ¼ cup of water to deglaze the meat and potato bits on the bottom of the pan. Add more water if needed.
- Add the cilantro and stir.
- In a separate pan (I use a large cast iron pan), add the remaining tablespoon of oil. When hot, brown each tortilla on both sides.
- Fill browned tortillas with beef mixture.
- Serve with lime, sour cream, or crema if desired