- 1 package udon (5 pieces), sanuki style
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium sized sweet onion, sliced
- 1 pound thinly sliced beef
- 4 cups mung bean sprouts
- 2 cups sweet peas, trimmed
- 3-4 tablespoons udon soup base (tsuyu tennen)*, adjust to taste
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- Cook udon in boiling water according to package, drain and set aside.
- Heat up wok or 6-8 qt stock pot on medium high heat and when a drop of water sizzles, add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Stir fry onions for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Use a spatula and push the onions to the sides of the pot and add another tablespoon of oil and stir fry beef until almost all browned (2-3 minutes)
- Add sprouts and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Add udon, soup base*, and green onions and gently stir fry, using a spatula to lift the meat and vegetables up to allow the noodles to heat thoroughly and cook in the sauce.