The Bee’s Knees Cocktail
Whip up a cocktail reminiscent of the Roaring Twenties. Tori Avey of The History Kitchen shares the origin of the drink and the history of Prohibition in a full post on her blog.
- Honey Simple Syrup
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup water
- Bee's Knees Cocktail
- 1 oz (2 tbsp) honey simple syrup – method below
- ¾ ounce (1 ½ tbsp) gin
- ½ oz (1 tbsp) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ oz (1 tbsp) freshly squeezed orange juice
- To Make Honey Simple Syrup: Combine water and honey in a small saucepan. Heat over medium, whisking often, till the mixture reaches a slow simmer and the honey is liquid and smooth. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- To Make Cocktail: Combine 2 tbsp of the honey simple syrup, gin, lemon juice and orange juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a small chilled cocktail glass and serve.
- Reserve remaining honey simple syrup for more cocktails. If left to stand longer than a few hours, the syrup will need to be re-simmered and recombined, then cooled again.