Bellini with Mascarpone
Bellini is an internationally well-known long drink cocktail that originated in Italy. It is a mixture of sparkling wine and peach puree, and is one of Italy's most popular cocktails. Watch Mary Ann Esposito make a Bellini at CiaoItalia.com!
- Coarse sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed amaretti cookies
- 6 ripe white peaches, pitted and peeled
- Prosecco wine
- Wet the rims of 4 martini glasses and dip each in coarse sugar to coat the rims. Refrigerate the glasses.
- Whip the mascarpone with the sugar until light and fluffy; stir in the amaretti cookies and setaside.
- Puree two of the peaches in a food processor. Transfer to a spouted measuring cup and set aside.
- Quarter the remaining peaches; cut into thin slices. Divide and fill each glass with some of the peach slices.
- Mix the pureed peaches with the Prosecco and pour evenly over the peaches. Add a dollop of the mascarpone over the top and serve immediately.