Bittersweet Chocolate Waffles
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate finely chopped
- 3 1/4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh berries
- fudge sauce
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
- Mix in sugar.
- Stir the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until melted.
- Pour into a medium bowl.
- Whisk in eggs, then milk and vanilla.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Gradually whisk in milk mixture.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions for heating waffler, and then make waffles with batter.
- Section waffles, placing a section on each serving plate.
- Top with berries and a drizzle of fudge sauce.