- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1 hot chili pepper, jalapeño or Serrano, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup frozen corn or fresh corn
- 1-15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a mixing bowl, stir together onion, red or green pepper, chili pepper (if using),
- corn and beans.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, add vinegar, chili powder, garlic, salt, pepper and vegetable oil.
- Shake until dressing is evenly mixed. Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir to mix evenly.
- Chill for at least one hour. Serve cold as a side dish or main dish.
Nutrition InfoEach serving provides 200 calories, 90 calories from fat, 10 grams fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium, 25 grams carbohydrate, 7 grams fiber, 4 grams sugars, 6