Black Bottom Cupcakes
These delicious cupcakes don’t need frosting, because they have a cheesecake-chocolate chip filling.
Yield: makes about 24 cupcakes
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 6-ounce package semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line cupcake tins with foil or paper liners.
- Place cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt in a bowl. Beat well and stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, soda, cocoa and salt in a large bowl.
- Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla and beat all ingredients until blended.
- Fill cupcake liners one-third full with cake mixture.
- Top each with a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.