- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 2 table spoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter cold and cut into pieces
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 larges eggs
- 1 package (about 12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 1/2 cups dried cherries
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder; and salt; set aside.
- Place chopped chocolate and butter in a large hearproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water; stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; whisk in sugars, then eggs, until smooth.
- Whisk in dry ingredients just until combined (do not overmix). Fold in chocolate chinks and dried cherries; press plastic wrap directly onto surface of dough, and refrigerate until firm, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Drop mounds of dough (equal to 2 level tablespoons) about 2 inches apart, onto prepared sheets. Bake just until edges are firm (but not darkening), 11 to 13 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 1 to 2 minutes; transfer to a wire rick to cool completely.