A simple fresh homemade blackberry sauce recipe that can be made in under 10 minutes from start to finish. Great for pouring over ice cream, pancakes, waffles, and French toast.
Prep time: 3 Minutes
Cook time: 5 Minutes
Total time: 8 Minutes
Yield: Makes just over 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries, washed
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a medium non-stick sauce pan, cook the blackberries, 1/4 cup water, sugar, and lemon juice on medium high for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the berry mixture to a blender or food processor and puree the fruit for 30 seconds in two 15 second intervals.
- If the sauce is completely pulverized and pasty thick, add the remaining 1/4 cup of water. Blend again for 15 seconds. The sauce will be fluid.
- Transfer the sauce to a serving dish. Store any remaining sauce in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.