Blackened Grouper Taco
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen grouper
- 1/2 cup Cajun spice
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1/3 cup salad oil
- Cut grouper into 1-inch thick slices.
- Heat skillet to medium-high heat.
- Rub grouper with Cajun spice.
- Place grouper into dry skillet.
- Slowly drizzle in oil.
- Cook until the grouper starts to look amber or black in color, and turn to do on all sides.
- Now it’s time to make our grouper tacos. Take a flour tortilla and in it some of the shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, red onions and shredded cheese. Add hot, cooked, blackened grouper and roll up.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.