Blondies with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts
This unbeatable blondie recipe combines the buttery flavor and chocolate chips from everyone's favorite cookies with the appealing texture of the best brownies.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Total time: 3 Hours
Yield: Makes 16
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter melted, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush an 8-inch square baking pan with a piece of parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Butter paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk butter and sugars until smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla. Add flour and salt; mix just until moistened (do not overmix). Fold in 1/2 cup each chocolate chips and walnuts. Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Set pan on a wire rack, and let cool completely. Using parchment overhang, lift cake from pan and transfer to a cutting board; cut in 16 squares. Store blondies in an airtight container at room temperature, up to 2 days.