BLT Sandwich with Homemade Mayonnaise
Make a classic bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich with your own homemade mayonnaise.
Martha Stewart makes this BLT sandwich on the "Dressing and Emulsions" episode of "Martha Stewart's Cooking School."
- 2 slices white sandwich bread, toasted
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 to 2 romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 to 4 basil leaves
- 2 slices thickly cut bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Spread one side of one slice of toast with butter.
- Arrange lettuce on top, along with tomato and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Top with bacon.
- Spread remaining slice of toast with mayonnaise; place mayonnaise side down to form a sandwich and cut on the diagonal. Serve immediately.
Adapted from "The Martha Stewart Show" (November 2005)
This BLT sandwich recipe appears in the "Dressing and Emulsions" episode of "Martha Stewart's Cooking School." Visit the episode guide to watch a preview and get a cooking tip.