BLT Sandwich with Homemade Mayonnaise
Make a classic bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich with your own homemade mayonnaise.
Martha Stewart makes this BLT sandwich on the "Dressing and Emulsions" episode of "Martha Stewart's Cooking School."
- 2 slices white sandwich bread, toasted
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 to 2 romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 to 4 basil leaves
- 2 slices thickly cut bacon, cooked
- 1/2 cup homemade mayonnaise
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Spread one side of one slice of toast with butter.
- Arrange lettuce on top, along with tomato and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Top with bacon.
- Spread remaining slice of toast with mayonnaise; place mayonnaise side down to form a sandwich and cut on the diagonal. Serve immediately.
This BLT sandwich recipe appears in the "Dressing and Emulsions" episode of "Martha Stewart's Cooking School." Visit the episode guide to watch a preview and get a cooking tip.