This tasty recipe for Blue Corn is courtesy of Navajo Chef, Freddie Bitsoie. Watch him make it on PBS Food's Lidia Celebrates America; Part 4: Ancient Navajo House Blessing!
- 3 cups blue corn
- 7 cups water or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon culinary ash (can substitute baking soda)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add water or stock to a heavy-bottomed pot and bring to boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add the blue corn, and mix with a whisk to avoid lumping.
- Once all the corn is added, keep mixing and add the ash.
- Keep stirring for about 15 to 20 minutes until the corn is thickened.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.