Brandy Snap Cups
Make this brandy snap cups recipe from Martha Stewart on her PBS show called Martha Bakes.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and ginger with a whisk. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar and golden syrup; cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in flour mixture.
- Using a 2/3-ounce ice cream scoop, drop three level scoops of batter onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until flat and golden brown, about 10 minutes, rotating halfway through.
- Remove from oven and let cookies cool just slightly until firm, about 2 minutes; place each cookie over an inverted drinking glass or wrap around the handle of a whisk, using your hands to press and gently shape. Let set 30 seconds. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat process with remaining batter. If cookies get too cool to shape, return them to oven for a few seconds until softened. Cookies can be stored in a single layer in airtight containers at room temperature up to 2 days.