This bread pudding recipe appears courtesy of Thee Pitts Again in Glendale, AZ. Watch a review of this restaurant from Check, Please! Arizona.
- 24 eggs
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 10 cups milk
- 10 cups bread
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- If you use frozen bread, chop up with a knife. Otherwise, pull apart in small pieces. Add cinnamon to bread. Toss to coat the bread with cinnamon. Set cinnamon bread aside.
- Beat eggs and milk together. Add salt and sugar and blend. Add the mixture to bread. This will go in a 2 inch deep Shaffer pan.
- Sprinkle raisins in and lightly push them down into the pudding mixture.
- Set pudding pan mixture in a pan just slightly larger. Add water to the larger pan until it hits the bottom of the pudding pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes, turning the dish so the back is facing the front and the front is facing the back at 35 minutes.
- Poke with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, the bread pudding is done.