Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce
- 3/4 lbs. (about 5 cups) of French Bread – cubed
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of condensed milk
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 tablespoons of pure vanilla flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of golden raisins
- Lemon Sauce Ingredients:
- 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup concentrated lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- corn starch
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and sugar, mixing well. Add milk, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Place bread cubes in a buttered two-quart baking dish. Sprinkle raisins and butter pats over bread.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread.
- Make sure all cubes are covered and or submerged in the liquid. Cover pan with foil and bake on middle oven rack at 350° F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Place pan of water on lower oven shelf directly beneath pudding.
- Directions for Lemon Sauce: Squeeze lemons into bowl, add lemon juice, sugar and water and bring to a boil on the stove. Reduce heat and add desired amount of corn starch and water for thickness.