Bread Pudding with Raisins
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/ 2 c sugar
- 1/ 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/ 2 tsp allspice
- 1/ 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 baguettes
- 6 brioches
- Mix spices with cream and sugar and mix with a hand whisk in a bowl. Set aside mixture. Cube baguettes and brioches.
- After two hours, strain raisins from water. If using rum, keep raisins in mixture. Mix raisins and bread.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add cream and spice mixture while slowly mixing until it emulsifies.
- Place bread and raisins in a 9"x13"x2" pan. Pour mixture over bread, making sure each piece is covered. Bake for 30 minutes at 400° or until firm.
- Divide into squares and serve with ice cream or fresh fruit.