- 3 1/2 bags (8 rolls/bag) large white dinner or Kaiser rolls buns or Croissants
- 4 quarts whipping cream
- one half of a 15 oz. box or raisins
- 6 cups sugar
- 6 eggs 3/4 cups vanilla
- 1 1/2 lbs. butter
- 1 lb. powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat over to 325˚F.
- Spray pan with baking spray.
- Tear rolls into 2” pieces and add to pan.
- Mix cream and vanilla and then add eggs, sugar and raisins.
- Pour mixture into pan and cover with foil.
- Bake at 325˚F until firm, about 2 hours.
- Remove foil and allow to brown. Remove from oven and cool to set.
- Microwave individual pieces at serving time.
- For sauce: Microwave butter just until soft. Whip the butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and whip again. Add vanilla and whip again, scraping the bowl sides.
- Add the bourbon, a little at a time.
- To serve, put a scoop on top of each individual serving and microwave 1 1/2 minute per slice.