Breakfast Blueberry Wrap
Interchange any berries and preserves in this recipe. Source: American Institute for Cancer Research www.aicr.org
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 tortilla
- 2 teaspoons “fruit only” any flavor preserves
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat ricotta cheese
- 1/3– 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Spread preserves down the center of the tortilla. Top with ricotta cheese and almonds.
- Starting from one end, tuck under berries and roll tightly. If serving immediately, drizzle with warmed preserves and additional crushed berries over rolled wraps. Sprinkle with almonds to garnish.
- To toast almonds: toast almonds dry in pan on medium heat; stir until almonds turn slightly brown OR place on cookie sheet, coat lightly with olive oil and bake in oven at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
Nutrition InfoEach serving provides 231 calories, 9 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 213 mg sodium, 34 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams fiber