Breakfast Citrus Salad
Not a big salad-eater? You won't believe it but you'll love this breakfast salad. Give this citrus salad a try to brighten your mornings. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Black pepper
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 blood orange or cara cara orange, segmented
- 2 slices of cooked bacon, diced
- 2 to 3 poached eggs or boiled eggs
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- To make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, olive oil, a pinch of salt and black pepper together. Set aside.
- To assemble the salad: In a large bowl, add the arugula. Toss the arugula with the dressing until evenly coated. Mix in the segments of blood orange or cara cara, along with the cooked bacon.
- Divide amongst bowls and top with a poached egg and slices of avocado. Garnish with more pepper and salt. Serve immediately.