Usually served in savory side dishes, quinoa -- a high-protein seed -- also makes a wonderful hot cereal.
- 2 cups whole or low-fat milk, plus more for serving
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar, plus more for serving
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for serving
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) fresh blueberries, plus more for serving
- Bring milk to a boil in a small saucepan. Add quinoa, and return to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, until three-quarters of the milk has been absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and cinnamon. Cook, covered, until almost all the milk has been absorbed, about 8 minutes. Stir in blueberries, and cook for 30 seconds. Serve with additional milk, sugar, cinnamon, and blueberries.