Brined Slow-Cooked Turkey Breast
Slow-cooked and promised to be moist and flavorful.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 1 Hour
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 1/4 cups coarse salt
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 whole turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds) thawed if frozen
- In a large stockpot, dissolve salt and sugar in 1 gallon cool water. Place turkey, bone side up, in brine and weight it with a plate. Refrigerate 6 to 8 hours. Rinse turkey thoroughly under cool water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Set up grill for indirect cooking. Place turkey on grill, away from hot coals; cover, keeping vent holes open over meat. Grill until cooked through, or an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of turkey registers 165 degrees, about 1 1/2 hours (if using a charcoal grill, add a couple handfuls of charcoal every half hour to maintain heat). Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Oven Method: Roast brined turkey on a rimmed baking sheet at 350 degrees until cooked through, about 1 1/2 hours.