Broadway Pot Pie
- One box refrigerated piecrusts softened as directed on box
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 ½ cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (from 1-lb bag) thawed
- 1-2 Potato Pierogi cut into small pieces
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare piecrusts as directed on box for two-crust pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
- Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables and Pierogi pieces. Remove from heat.
- Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan.
- Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- During last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.