- 1/2 head broccoli florets stems removed and saved for another use
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch salt
- Fill a large bowl with ice water. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the broccoli and garlic and boil until just tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the broccoli and transfer to the bowl of ice water to stop the cooking; let sit until completely cooled, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli well, and transfer to a food processor along with the basil, olive oil, cheese, and salt. Process until smooth, and serve over pasta.