Brown Sugar-Glazed Bacon
Cooking bacon on racks set over baking sheets promotes even cooking and allows the fat to drain off as it renders. Line the sheets with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Total time: 35 Minutes
Yield: Serves 8
- 16 slices (about 1 pound) bacon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 10-by-15-inch rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper; place a wire rack on top of each sheet. Arrange bacon in a single layer on the two racks. Evenly sprinkle with pepper and sugar.
- Bake until bacon is crisp and browned, rotating sheets halfway through, 30 to 35 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 143 calories; 9.2 grams fat; 5.8 grams protein; 9.2 grams carbohydrates; 0.1 gram fiber