Bulgur Salad with Grapes and Feta Cheese
Tender and chewy, bulgur wheat is a good source of dietary fiber as well as protein.
- ½ cup fine-grained bulgur wheat
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion
- ¾ cup halved seedless grapes
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine ½ cup fine-grain bulgur wheat, ½ teaspoon coarse salt, and ¾ cup boiling water. Cover; let stand until bulgur is tender, 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Add 2 tablespoons minced scallion, ¾ cup halved seedless grapes, ½ cup each toasted chopped walnuts and crumbled feta. Add bulgur; toss. Serves 2.