Recipe courtesy of AUNI, the Agaston Urban Nutrition Initiative
When Michele Obama challenged American schools to create healthy cafeteria recipes for a national competition, many Philadelphians sprang into action. WHYY Friday Arts chronicles the coming together of numerous forces, including chef Daniel McLaughlin, the non-profit AUNI, the Agatston Urban Nutrition Initiative, and the Philly children and teens who participate in AUNI's cooking clubs, to create a delicious and healthy menu that any school would be proud to serve.
Photo Credit: Flickr
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 4 cups Spanish rice
- 4 cups black beans
- 2 cups salsa
- 2 cups guacamole
- 4 sweet potatoes - boiled
- 2 cups spinach - steamed
- 1 cup cheese - shredded
- Boil potatoes while steaming spinach.
- Mash sweet potatoes with a pinch of salt, pepper and cumin.
- Spoon burrito fillings in the center of the tortilla and fold up two sides of the tortilla, rolling the other sides.
- Place in a lightly oiled pan on low heat until the tortilla is browned and well pressed.