- 1 ½ pounds (4 medium) new potatoes peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 to ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter cut into small pieces
- Served with slaw or potato salad, this chicken dinner will feel like an indoor picnic. Any leftover chicken will make a great school lunch.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt, and cook until potatoes are very tender when pierced with the tip of a paring knife, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain; place in a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher, then add buttermilk and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Mash until smooth and combined.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 183 calories; 6.2 grams fat; 4 grams protein; 28.2 grams carbohydrates; 2.9 grams fiber