Capture the flavors of traditional sushi at home from Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
Total time: 20 Minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 6 medium sized whole wheat or flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cucumber peeled
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) alfalfa or broccoli sprouts
- 1 pkg. (4 oz) imitation crab legs (made out of white fish)
- reduced-sodium soy sauce for serving
- wasabi (Japanese horseradish) sauce for serving (optional)
- Cut avocados in half, scoop out flesh with a large spoon and remove the pit. Thinly slice avocados, cucumbers, and crab legs. Spread a handful of them out on one half of each tortilla. Top with sprouts, and roll tightly. Slice the tortillas into 1 inch slices like sushi rolls.
- To eat, dip rolls in soy sauce. For a spicier dip, mix a little wasabi paste or powder into the soy sauce before dipping.