Capellini Pomodoro With Shiso
Add new flavors to the classic Italian pasta dish using shiso and shio kumbu.
(Recipe Courtesy: Marc Matsumoto from the Fresh Tastes blog)
- 5.6 ounces (160 grams) capellini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- .25 ounces (7 grams) garlic, minced
- 10.6 ounces (300 grams) cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- .35 ounces (10 grams) shio kombu
- .35 ounces (10 grams) green shiso, julienned
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat the pan over medium high heat, and then add the olive oil and garlic. Fry the garlic until fragrant. Then, add the cherry tomatoes, and let them brown on one side.
- Add the shio kombu to the sauce and toss until the tomatoes have started to shrivel.
- Start boiling the pasta. It should take anywhere from a minute to a minute and a half.
- Drain the pasta just before it's fully cooked, reserving some of the pasta water. Toss the pasta and shiso with the pomodoro, adding pasta water as needed to keep the noodles from sticking together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.