A cold lobster appetizer full of bright citrus flavors, creamy avocado, and a refreshing kick of specialty vodka.
- 1 bunch of chives thinly sliced
- 1 shot Charbay Blood Orange Vodka
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 1 1/2 lb Maine lobsters cooked, cleaned, removed from shell, and cubed
- 2 grapefruits peeled and supremed
- 2 pints heirloom Toy Box Tomatoes sliced lengthwise
- 2 ripe avocados cubed
- 1 bunch of scallions thinly sliced on a bias
- In a mixing bowl, add the chives, vodka and lime juice. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to create an infusion dressing. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1/3 of the vinaigrette to the lobster meat. In a separate bowl, combine the grapefruit, tomatoes, avocado, and scallions, toss with another 1/3 of the vinaigrette, and place in six martini glasses.
- Top the grapefruit, tomatoes, avocado, and scallions with the marinated lobster meat and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.