- 2 cups fresh crabmeat, drained
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp scallions, minced
- 2 tbsp celery, minced
- 2 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Combine all ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Shape into 8 patties, then coat with additional bread crumbs.
- Cook over medium-high heat in 1/8-inch hot oil 5 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
Meal Suggestion: Serve these with Chipotle Mayonnaise. Combine 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, 1 tsp of sugar and the juice of a lime.
Additional serving suggestions: shape into 16 patties and serve as an appetizer or on a small slider bun for fun finger food.
Note: Patties can be made and frozen until ready to cook and serve. Place portioned patties onto Press and Seal plastic wrap and seal. Store in freezer. To cook, let patties thaw in refrigerator and then dredge in House Autry Seafood Breader and fry in hot oil.