Carrot Ginger Turmeric Soup
You can literally feel yourself warming up from the inside out as each spoonful of this carrot ginger turmeric soup goes down. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 11 ounces carrots (about 3 large carrots)
- 6 ounces onion (~1 small onion, finely chopped) (~1 small onion, finely chopped)
- .7 ounces ginger (finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Add the olive oil to a pan and the saute the carrots, onions, ginger and salt over medium heat until the onions and carrots are browned and tender.
- Add the water and turmeric and then bring to a boil.
- Blend the mixture with either an immersion blender or a regular blender until smooth.
- Reheat, adjust salt to taste and then serve.