Carrot, Tuna, and Avocado Salad
Marc Matsumoto of NoRecipes shares his recipe for carrot tuna and avocado salad that you can also serve as a sandwich topped with whichever dressing you choose. Marc shares this recipe in a blog post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 3 large carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces canned Italian tuna, drained
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- a few sprigs of parsley, minced (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- Put the julienned carrots and sliced onion in a bowl and add the salt. Let this sit for 30 minutes or until the carrots have released some liquid. Squeeze the carrots using a kneading motion to coax out more liquid.
- Grab a large clump of carrot and squeeze as much water out as you can, discarding the liquid. Put the squeezed carrot in a separate bowl, and then add the tuna, avocado, parsley, sesame oil and pepper. Toss to combine then adjust salt to taste.