- 1 head cauliflower florets and stem cut into small chunks
- 1 small russet potato peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower, potato and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat to a simmer, cover and steam until the cauliflower and potato are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to a food processor. (Reserve the cooking water.)
- Add the butter and process until smooth, adding the cooking water as needed to allow the machine to do its work.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.