Celeriac Apple Slaw
This celeriac apple slaw recipe is an easy Fall salad that combines celery root with blue cheese, chopped walnuts and cider vinaigrette. (Recipe Courtesy: Aube Giroux of Kitchen Vignettes)
- 1 medium-small celeriac (weighing about 1/2 pound)
- 2 medium crisp sweet red apples
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (about 1/4 of a small bunch)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- For the Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cracked black pepper
- Grate or julienne the celeriac until you have approximately 2 cups worth. Wash the apples well and core them, leaving the skins on. Cut them into 1/4 inch cubes. Toss the apples in the lemon juice, mixing to coat them (this prevents them from browning).
- In a medium serving bowl, combine the apples, celeriac, and the finely chopped parsley.
- In a small jar, combine all the vinaigrette ingredients and then shake vigorously until combined. Pour over the salad and toss well. Taste before serving and add more salt or pepper if necessary.
- Optional add-ons are a bit of blue cheese & chopped walnuts, which are delicious crumbled on top.