Celery and Apple Salad
This celery and apple salad with toasted almonds and a simple vinaigrette is the perfect transitional dish between winter and spring. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 5 ribs of celery, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 apple, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan-Reggiano, plus more for garnish
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 boiled eggs, peeled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a baking sheet, spread out the almonds. Transfer to the oven to toast for about 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown. Immediately transfer to a large bowl and add the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oil and a few pinches of salt; toss until combined.
- Next, add the celery, apple, Parmesan cheese, a few rounds of freshly ground pepper and diced egg. Gently toss together until combined. Give it a taste and adjust the salt or pepper to your liking. Top with a few shavings of Parmesan.