Cheesy Corn Dip
Sautéed chiles and onions melt into this baked corn and cheese dip. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of Fresh Tastes)
Yield: Serves 4 (as an appetizer)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of neutral oil
- 1 Anaheim or hatch chile, seeds and stems removed and diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 1 1/2 cups of Mexican blend shredded cheese (or you could use a combination of Monterey Jack and cheddar)
- Minced cilantro, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small skillet, set over medium-high heat, add a teaspoon or two of oil. When the oil is hot, add the diced chile and shallot; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic cloves and about 1/4 teaspoon of salt, mix and then cook a little longer, about 1 minute.
- In a small baking dish, add the corn kernels, the chile mixture and cheese. Toss together until everything is mixed together. Transfer to the oven to bake for 15 to 17 minutes, until the cheese is melty and bubbling. Garnish the top with cilantro and serve with chips.