Cheesy Garlic Bread
Learn how to roast garlic in a few simple steps from food blogger Adrianna Adarme on the Fresh Tastes blog. Get a recipe for cheesy garlic bread that you can serve as an appetizer.
Yield: 1 head of roasted garlic
Course: AppetizerOccasion: Christmas
, July 4th
, New Year's Eve
, ThanksgivingTheme: Comfort Food
, Cooking for One
, Cooking with Kids
, Family Friendly
, Quick and Easy
- For the Roasted Garlic:
- 1 bulb garlic,1/4" top sliced off and discarded
- Olive oil
- For the Cheesy Garlic Bread:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 2 slices olive bread
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the bulb of garlic in the center of a sheet of foil or parchment. Drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil and top with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Wrap the garlic in the parchment or foil and tie with a piece of baking twine. Transfer to a baking sheet and place it in the oven to roast for 30-40 minutes. You'll know when the garlic is done when it's very fragrant and softened. Allow the garlic to cool enough to handle and then squeeze the cloves out of their skins. At this point, add it to anything you like: aiolis, salad dressings, soups or a slice of bread.
- To make a cheesy garlic bread, add the roasted garlic cloves to a small bowl. Using the tines of a fork, mash the garlic until it resembles a paste. Mix in the softened butter and season with a dash of salt and pepper. Smother the garlic butter onto a piece of bread and top with a handful of cheese.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Place the cheese bread on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven to toast until melty, about 3-5 minutes. Serve immediately.