Make this French dessert, cherry clafoutis with Kirsch, fresh cherries, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract. Recipe shared by Chef Patrick Mulvaney on Bringing It Home with Laura McIntosh.
- 4 tablespoons Kirsch (cherry brandy is an acceptable substitute)
- 1 lb. fresh cherries, pitted
- 3.5 oz. milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 5 oz. superfine sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- butter and superfine sugar for greasing and sprinkling
- Sprinkle kirsch over cherries and let macerate.
- Combine milk, cream and vanilla in a small sauce pan, bring just to a boil and remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in bowl until light yellow and creamy.
- Stir in flour and salt until just smooth.
- Temper warm eggs into mix, being careful not to scramble.
- Grease an ovenproof dish,we use individual ramekins, put in a layer of cherries and pour the batter over.
- Bake at 350 for 25min or until a toothpick inserted in the dough comes out clean.
- Serve warm with sweetened crème Fraiche, whipped cream or your favorite ice cream.