Cherry Ginger Chicken with Currant
This is one zippy chicken dish! Why settle for drab, boring chicken when you can have this cherry ginger chicken? Be sure to use fresh currants when making this dish.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- Pepper freshly ground
- 2 each Boneless Skinless chicken breast
- 1 each onion minced
- 2 ounces ginger minced
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 4 ounces cherry brandy
- 4 ounces chicken glace
- 1 cup currants
- 2 ounces butter
- In a skillet, heat a small amount of oil and add a small dollop of butter and melt swirling the pan till foamy. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Brown chicken breasts service side down first until golden, and then turn once. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Place in an oven 300 degrees until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- In the skillet, drained of excess fat, add onion and sauté until translucent, add ginger
- and continue to sauté, add brown sugar, deglaze with brandy add currents and glace
- and cook until the sauce napes the back of a spoon, swirl in butter, adjust seasoning
- and pour over chicken.