- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 lb. butter melted
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 rsp soda
- Combine sugar, butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla and eggs. Blend until smooth.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in separate bowl, then add to the wet, mix well.
- Refrigerate the dough for one hour minimum.
- Shape dough into balls and roll in granulatd sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees in a standard oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool for 30 seconds on the sheet pan, then remove onto a cooling rack.