Chicken Alla Joe
Chicken Alla Joe was created by Adorno "Joe" Pacini, a 37 year veteran waiter of Gene & Georgetti in Chicago. He created the dish upon the request of one of his customers.
- 1 roasting chicken about 3 ¼ pounds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tsps oregano
- ? tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 2 tabsp olive oil
- 1/2 green ½ red, ½ yellow bell pepper ? stemmed, seeded, and cut into broad strips or chunks
- 18 to 24 pepperoncini (an 11½ oz. jar) drained, rinsed and left whole
- 1 lemon cut in half
- Pre-heat oven to 450° F.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut chicken into serving pieces.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the salt, pepper, oregano and red pepper flakes together. Sprinkle half the mixture over the skin side of each piece.
- In a roasting pan or shallow casserole heat olive oil. Add chicken pieces skin side down. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning over the pieces in the pan.
- Place pan in over, and cook until pieces begin to brown, approximately 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven, turning the pieces and adding bell pepper strips/chunks and pepperoncini. Return to oven and cook until both chicken and peppers are tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Take lemon halves and squeeze juice over chicken pieces. Remove pieces from pan and serve.