Chicken Almond Rice Casserole
Alice Currah of SavorySweetLife.com shares this recipe. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb. chicken breast cubed into bite sized pieces
- 1 med onion chopped
- 2 cups celery chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice (approx. 1.5 cups of uncooked rice) 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise * what I do is use the same amount as the soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 box (5oz) of Stove Top stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a medium size saute/frying pan toast almonds for approximately 3 minutes on medium-high heat. Remove almonds from pan into large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of butter to frying pan and saute chicken pieces until no longer pink. Remove chicken and add to the bowl with almonds. Saute onions and celery for 3 minutes. Add mixture to the chicken/almond. Add rice, mayonnaise, condensed cream of chicken soup, and a little salt and pepper (to taste) to the bowl and mix everything until well combined. Add mixture to a greased 9x13 baking casserole dish. Microwave 3 tablespoons of butter until melted. Open the bag of Stove Top Stuffing and add melted butter to it. Fold the bag at the seam and shake the mixture for half a minute. Sprinkle the stuffing mixture on top of the casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.